Using the Blue Matador VictorOps integration requires either an active trial or paid account. Contact sales to get started. You will also need to meet the following requirements:
- An existing VictorOps account to use with the integration
- Permissions in VictorOps to enable the generic REST endpoint
1. Log in to Blue Matador and navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications.
2. Expand the VictorOps dialog by clicking on the Connect button on the VictorOps tile.
3. Set the display name for your VictorOps integration. This will allow you to identify your VictorOps integration if you have multiple VictorOps accounts.
4. Choose which events will be sent to your VictorOps account. You can choose to see only events of a certain severity or, if you have Projects enabled, you can make the same choices by project. We recommend that you send only alert level events to VictorOps so that your oncall team is only notified of immediately actionable events.
5. If you have not enabled it, enable the generic REST endpoint in VictorOps by following this guide.
6. Enter your integration ID (it’s UUID at the end of your REST endpoint URL) and a routing key. Then click on Verify Keys to send a test notification to VictorOps.
7. Save your integration.
If you are not receiving Blue Matador events in VictorOps, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure that you’ve got the correct integration ID and that your routing key matches your VictorOps configuration.
- Check that the event matches the severities you’ve selected in Step 4 of the setup process. For example, if the event was a Warning, make sure that you have Warnings checked. If you’ve configured Projects, make sure that the event matches both the severity and the projects you’ve selected.
- Check that the event has not been hidden by your Mute Rules.
- If you are still unable to receive notifications through VictorOps, you should contact your account manager to have our engineering team look into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the VictorOps integration cost extra? All of the Blue Matador integrations are available during the free trial period and with any paid account, at no extra cost.
Can I have multiple VictorOps integrations? Blue Matador supports as many VictorOps integrations as you need. You will need to create an integration per VictorOps account you plan to use with Blue Matador.
How do I disable an VictorOps integration? To disabled a VictorOps integration, navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications and find the integration in the list of configured integrations. Click on the tile and select Disable Integration to disable your integration.