Blue Matador’s SNS integration allows you to receive notifications about Alert and Warning level events through AWS SNS.
Receiving notifications from Blue Matador through SNS requires either an active trial or paid account. Contact sales to get started. You will also need to meet the following requirements:
- An AWS account where you have access to create an IAM user
- An SNS topic in that account to send notifications to
1. Log in to Blue Matador and navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications.
2. Expand the SNS dialog by clicking on the Connect button on the SNS tile.
3. Set the display name for your SNS integration. This will allow you to identify your SNS integration if you have multiple SNS topics to send messages to.
4. Choose which events will be sent to your SNS topic. You can choose to see only events of a certain severity or, if you have Projects enabled, you can make the same choices by project.
5. Enter the ARN of the topic you’d like to send notifications to.
6. Create an IAM user using this guide, but substitute the IAM policy in the guide with the policy displayed in the SNS dialog. We recommend that you create a separate user from the one you used for your Blue Matador AWS integration so the SNS integration has only the privileges it needs.
7. Copy the Access Key and Secret Key from the user you just created and enter them into the dialog. Then click on Verify Keys to publish a test message to your SNS topic.
8. Save your integration.
If you are not receiving notifications from Blue Matador through your SNS topic, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure that you’ve correctly entered your SNS topic ARN.
- Make sure your access key and secret key match the IAM user you created.
- Check that the event matches the severities you’ve selected in Step 4 of the setup process. For example, if the event was a Warning, make sure that you have Warnings checked. If you’ve configured Projects, make sure that that event matches both the severity and the projects you’ve selected.
- Check that the event has not been hidden by your Mute Rules.
- If you are still unable to receive notifications through SNS, you should contact your account manager to have our engineering team look into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the SNS integration cost extra? All of the Blue Matador integrations are available during the free trial period and with any paid account, at no extra cost. You will be responsible for any related AWS SNS charges in your AWS account
Can I have multiple SNS integrations? Blue Matador supports as many SNS integrations as you need. You will need to create an integration per topic you’d like to send notifications to.
How do I disable an SNS integration? To disabled an SNS integration, navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications and find the integration in the list of configured integrations. Click on the tile and select Disable Integration to disable your integration.