Using the Blue Matador Slack integration requires either an active trial or paid account. Contact sales to get started. You will also need to meet the following requirements:
An existing Slack account to use with the integration
Permissions in your Slack workspace to add integrations
1. Log in to Blue Matador and navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications.
2. Expand the Slack dialog by clicking on the Connect button on the Slack tile.
3. Click the Add to Slack button.
4.Select the Channel that Blue Matador can post to, then click Authorize.
5. Choose which events will be sent to your Slack channel. You can choose to see only events of a certain severity or, if you have Projects enabled, you can make the same choices by project.
6. In the Send Test Message step, click the Test button to verify that Blue Matador has correct permissions to post in the channel you selected.
7. Save your integration.
If you are not receiving Blue Matador events in Slack, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Ensure that the Blue Matador app has not been removed or had its permissions changed in your Slack account.
2. Check that the event matches the severities you’ve selected in Step 5 of the setup process. For example, if the event was a Warning, make sure that you have Warnings checked. If you’ve configured Projects, make sure that the event matches both the severity and the projects you’ve selected.
3. Check that the event has not been hidden by your Mute Rules.
4. If you are still unable to receive notifications through Slack, you should contact your account manager to have our engineering team look into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Slack integration cost extra? All of the Blue Matador integrations are available during the free trial period and with any paid account, at no extra cost.
Can I have multiple Slack integrations? Blue Matador supports as many Slack integrations as you need. You will need to create an integration per Slack channel you plan to use with Blue Matador.
How do I disable an Slack integration? To disabled a Slack integration, navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications and find the integration in the list of configured integrations. Click on the tile and select Disable Integration to disable your integration.