Using the Blue Matador PagerDuty integration requires either an active trial or paid account. Contact sales to get started. You will also need to meet the following requirements:
An existing PagerDuty account to use with the integration
Permissions in PagerDuty to add new Services
1. Log in to Blue Matador and navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications.
2. Expand the PagerDuty dialog by clicking on the Connect button on the PagerDuty tile.
3. Click the Connect PagerDuty button.
4. Login to PagerDuty to authorize the Blue Matador integration.
5. Choose which PagerDuty service to use with Blue Matador. We recommend creating a new one exclusively for use with Blue Matador.
6. Set the display name for your PagerDuty integration. This will allow you to identify your PagerDuty integration if you have multiple PagerDuty accounts.
7. Choose which events will be sent to your PagerDuty account. You can choose to see only events of a certain severity or, if you have Projects enabled, you can make the same choices by project. We recommend that you send only alert level events to PagerDuty so that your oncall team is only notified of immediately actionable events.
8. Follow PagerDuty’s instructions to add the displayed Blue Matador URL as a webhook in PagerDuty.
9. Verify your integration by sending a test notification to PagerDuty.
10. Save your integration.
If you are not receiving Blue Matador events in PagerDuty, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
Ensure that the service you created in PagerDuty for Blue Matador is enabled.
Check that the event matches the severities you’ve selected in Step 7 of the setup process. For example, if the event was a Warning, make sure that you have Warnings checked. If you’ve configured Projects, make sure that the event matches both the severity and the projects you’ve selected.
Check that the event has not been hidden by your Mute Rules.
If you are still unable to receive notifications through PagerDuty, you should contact your account manager to have our engineering team look into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the PagerDuty integration cost extra? All of the Blue Matador integrations are available during the free trial period and with any paid account, at no extra cost.
Can I have multiple PagerDuty integrations? Blue Matador supports as many PagerDuty integrations as you need. You will need to create an integration per PagerDuty account you plan to use with Blue Matador
How do I disable a PagerDuty integration? To disabled a PagerDuty integration, navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications and find the integration in the list of configured integrations. Click on the tile and select Disable Integration to disable your integration.