Blue Matador’s Opsgenie integration allows you to receive notifications about Alert and Warning level events as incidents in Opsgenie.
Using the Blue Matador Opsgenie integration requires either an active trial or paid account. Contact sales to get started. You will also need to meet the following requirements:
- An existing Opsgenie account to use with the integration
- Permissions to add API integrations in Opsgenie
- Log in to Blue Matador and navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications.
- Expand the Opsgenie dialog by clicking on the Connect button on the Opsgenie tile.
- Set the display name for your Opsgenie integration. This will allow you to identify your Opsgenie integration if you have multiple Opsgenie accounts.
- Choose which events will be sent to your Opsgenie account. You can choose to see only events of a certain severity or, if you have Projects enabled, you can make the same choices by project. We recommend that you send only alert level events to Opsgenie so that your oncall team is only notified of immediately actionable events.
- Log in to Opsgenie. Then create a team by clicking Teams in the left menu, and Add team.
- Create an API integration. Click Integrations in the left menu and click Add integration. Search for Blue Matador. Then click Add and Save Integration.
- Copy and paste the API key from Opsgenie into Blue Matador. Then verify your integration by sending a test notification to Opsgenie.
- Save your integration.
If you are not receiving Blue Matador events in Opsgenie, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure that the integration you created in Opsgenie is not disabled or suppressed.
- Check that the event matches the severities you’ve selected in Step 7 of the setup process. For example, if the event was a Warning, make sure that you have Warnings checked. If you’ve configured Projects, make sure that the event matches both the severity and the projects you’ve selected.
- Check that the event has not been hidden by your Mute Rules.
- If you are still unable to receive notifications through Opsgenie, you should contact your account manager to have our engineering team look into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Opsgenie integration cost extra? All of the Blue Matador integrations are available during the free trial period and with any paid account, at no extra cost.
Can I have multiple Opsgenie integrations? Blue Matador supports as many Opsgenie integrations as you need. You will need to create an integration per Opsgenie account you plan to use with Blue Matador.
How do I disable an Opsgenie integration? To disabled a Opsgenie integration, navigate to the Notifications page via Setup > Notifications and find the integration in the list of configured integrations. Click on the tile and select Disable Integration to disable your integration.